Corporations, activists, celebrities, and politicians mobilize a galvanized community into moving forward.
凯发app官网Community leaders, celebrities, and athletes will use the 154th anniversary of Juneteenth to spearhead action around how to make real changes and open the doors to the American dreams to a people that has long been locked out.
凯发app官网From Covid-19, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, Anthropolgie’s policy on identifying Black customers as “Nicks”, Colin Kaepernick to the fight to be able to cast a vote – the friction between our actions as a nation and the beliefs upon which we built our country require prompt immediate change. The unconscionable treatment of African American’s by the criminal justice system, Corporate American, and the sports industries, for the most part, have been largely unchallenged of late. JUNETEENTH will change that.
凯发app官网Panels will include:
- EQUAL JUSTICE NOW
- w/ Ben Crump; Willie Gary; Jorge Sanchez; Walter Mosley Jr.
- RESPONSIBILITY IN FASHION
- w/ Andre Leon Talley; Angela Davis
- CHANGING THE NARRATIVE: Millennial Women of the
- w/ J. Mulan; Milan Zoe, Miss Diddy; Karen Civil
- CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- w/ McDonalds; Google; Zoom
- SAY HER NAME: BREONNA TAYLOR
- w/ Lonita Baker; Sadiqa Reynolds;
- EBONY CANNABIS Day
- w/ Rico Lamitte; Mieko Hester-Perez; Tommy Johnson
- To join on Friday with
- Saturday’s Cannabis Track can be accessed by
- We will also stream live on EBONY’s Facebook page and the EBONY CHANNEL of Roku and Amazon.
ABOUT EQUAL JUSTICE NOW
A not for profit social welfare organization that advocates against false arrest, unreasonable detention, wrongful conviction, and incarceration of our citizens. Our mission is to preserve their constitutional right to defend themselves on the local, state, and federal levels.
凯发app官网EBONY is the iconic innovator of Black culture. Since 1945, EBONY has offered an authoritative perspective on the multidimensional African-American community. EBONY Media reflects the cross-section of Black America as delivered by the best thinkers, trendsetters, activists, celebrities and next-generation leaders. EBONY ignites conversation, promotes empowerment and celebrates aspiration. EBONY magazine is the heart, soul, and pulse of Black America and a catalyst for reflection and progression. Follow and engage: @EBONYMag on Twitter, @EBONYMagazine on Instagram, EBONYMag on Facebook, and EBONY.com.